SD

A few days ago I went down to 16th street in San Diego with my friend Alex. Alex recently took up photography and I gave him one of my old 35mm cameras to start shooting with. It's cool how psyched Alex is on photography. We both had film that we wanted to shoot so I figured downtown SD would offer some opportunity for some weird city shots. In the few hours we were there, we got to buy some homeless people lunch and coffee, witnessed a drug deal, and watched San Diego Police clear out an entire homeless occupied block. Everyone that let us take their photograph, was also very eager to tell us their story. It was an interesting and very humbling day to say the least. Here are a few I got back from the lab. All shot on a Hasselblad 500cm with a 80mm 2.8 using Kodak TMax 100 and Fuji Velvia 100, no photoshop. I hope you enjoy...

No comments: