Gentleman Start Your Engines...

A while back, my good homie Blake Wernli hit me up to see if I was interested in taking photographs of his Harley that he'd built from the ground up. I have always had an interest in motorcycles. I grew up riding dirt bikes, but beyond my childhood memories, I've always been fascinated with the entire Harley scene. When Blake told me (12 hours before the guy arrived to buy the bike) that the only photos he had of the bike were ones taken with his phone, I jumped at the opportunity to help my friend out with something that would last him a lifetime. I shot everything with a Canon A1 35mm using Kodak 400 color film. The first lifestyle shot was with a Canon 5dmkii. Lighting was 1 Calumet 350 wireless strobe.

This was a beautiful Harley to shoot. I've seen a lot of bikes in my day and let me tell you, if I had an extra $xx,000, I would have purchased it right then and there from Blake. I hope you appreciate the bike featured in these photos. It, like all my photography, took a little bit (A LOT) of heart, knowledge, and creativity to make the final product. Cheers Blake, you built one hell of a bike.

No comments: